[Divunal-devel] Faucet Protocol

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@divunal.com
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:33:13 -0400 (EDT)

Well, if the Mac is anywhere near compatible with standard (UNIX)
networking stuff, you can grab the gtk-faucet sources and work from those.
I know how the protocol works fairly well, but James would be your best
source of info (he wrote the current server implementation pretty much
from scratch -- my previous protocol was line-based, a thorough mess...
and Dave has been working almost entirely on verb / eventhandler code,
nothing in the core itself).

It's actually pretty simple protocol to understand, simpler if you can
just tweak the gtkfaucet's networking code to work.

We were hoping never to write a mac-native client, favoring instead a port
of GTK+ to MacOS and MacOS X :-)

--glyph