[Divunal-devel] cx's, broadcastevents & such

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@divunal.com
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:46:06 -0400 (EDT)

One:

Found this comment in the javadoc for isBroadcast:

 NOTE: should maybe also broadcast realevents sent using broadcastEvent to
 the parent?

No -- this is handled the opposite way.  Objects in this object are now
part of the Room's 'things()' enumeration, so they're sent events when the
room is sent events.  In many ways, it's as if objects in a broadcast
container are actually in the room (and since this was developed primarily
for furniture, this makes sense).

It wouldn't make sense to broadcast the other way, because then every
object in the Location would get the event twice, and all the objects in
the room, that were not located in the object being sent the event, would
recieve it as well.

Two:

I'm going to do the release tomorrow.  (You might have been able to tell
by the bizarre status of the website).  If anyone has anything they'd like
to say before I do it, I'd like to hear it.

I'd especially like to hear about java faucet stability, considering I'm
running the GTK one most of the time now -- I fixed the build script in
the project/faucet directory so it would run on my machine, and built a
copy.  It appeared to work nicely.  Any evidence to the contrary?

Three:

Let's focus on Divunal development now ... hopefully the announcements on
slashdot, freshmeat, and whatever Mac publications Raffi Minassian will be
announcing us to will spur more people to subscribe to the mailinglists
and get involved with the project in general.

This is probably pretty meandering in terms of an email, but I am rushing
through it before leaving.  I'll post more later.

--glyph