[Divunal-devel] Announcements

Michael Dartt jedin@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

'Lo, all.  I took some time today to look around the web to find
sites/publications/etc. on which I (or someone, at least) could announce
TR 1.1.  My list (a brain dump, not culled yet) is below, along with
Raffi's ideas for Mac places to tell.

I'd really like to hear people's suggestions; the more "air time" we can
get, the better.  Just keep in mind that even though there's a "playable
demo" (THANK YOU, DAVE!!!), it's really to showcase TR's features more
than what Divunal is like, so the main audience we're aiming for is
creators--developers and authors--not players/playtesters.  (And, of
course, anyone who wants to give us money.)

And please feel free to let people you know know about this; the press
release can be handy for sending out--that's what it's there for, after
all!

We'd also appreciate it if people could send in their thoughts regarding
TR for the quotes page.

Where *is* everyone?!

::listens as the cries echo back to him::

--Mike

---------------
*Slashdot
*Freshmeat
*www.linuxgames.com
        - Submit News
*Linux Game Development Center--sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames/
        - submit announcement to News
        - get link on page in SDKs for TR
        - link in Ongoing game projects for TR(?) and Divunal
        - watch Free Projects section
        - put TR code on Code Repository
        - try to get a review/overview for the Tools & SDKs: SDKs,
Libraries, and/or APIs page
*Linux Game Tome (http://happypenguin.org/news)
        - Submit news about playable demo
        - Add Divunal(?)
*About.com (linux.miningco.com)
        - Gaming section under Linux (linux.miningco.com)
        - MUD section under Internet Games (internetgames.about.com)
        - Interactive Fiction (interactivefiction.about.com) (Divunal
demo?)
        - Shareware/Freeware (shareware.about.com) (Divunal demo?)
*Add TR to major search engines
*Game Developer's Magazine
*Gamasutra

Raffi's suggestions:
*MacOS Rumours
*Macworld
...and some others that I don't remember....