[Divunal-devel] The Problem with Perspectives

Phil Christensen evil_ivan@yahoo.com
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

--- James Knight <jknight@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> your properties...a dynamicProperty can check any property of the
> thing
> viewing it that it wants to. So each player has to have a unique
> perspective (view of the world). Also, at the moment, there is no way
[snip snip snip]
> (namely, how to make dynamic names without screwing everything up). >
Once everything we want
> to be dynamic is able to be dynamic, then it shouldn't be too hard to
> allow all the info to be filtered through something else and if
> necessary, changed.

What about (and i'm just throwing this idea out -- given that i'm not
totally clear what we're trying to achieve) allowing creation of
ThingReferences from within the game? Then a player could have a
property containing all the different names (actually, references) that
could refer to an object. A modification would need to be made in the
"search engine" to check the player first......

-phil