[Divunal-devel] Random stuff...

James Knight jknight@MIT.EDU
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:11:20 -0400

-Sentence makes too many new exceptions when there is no need (new is slow)
-Hacks for updating stuff when setting specific properties in Thing is bad
and should be fixed to a better mechanism at some point (ie registering for
updates or something) (added to TODO)
-JavaDoc comment format should be followed for all members/methods, not
just public ones. When generating the docs you can specify whether or not
to include package and private members, so it isn't necessary to avoid
using a javadoc comment just so it doesn't show up in external docs.
-addSyn should maybe recurse for singlesyn'ing stuff. What happens if you
have an open chair in an open box with someone sitting on it?

And my pet peeve: remember, Age.log(blah) goes to the logfile. Putting a
completely generic message like "Removed non-equivalent verb." in the
logfile is not very useful for whoever goes and reads it later. Also having
a completey normal failure of a verb (allow) generate log messages is
silly. (not finding the verb when adding it to an object should send a
message to the person adding). I've fixed most of these problems in the
copy on my HD, after I test it against the new sources i'll commit it.

Please Please Please use the tab-width and indentation of 4 that is
standard in the source files now. Excerpts from my .emacs file might help
you. The offsets-alist was sorta made by guess-and-check so there might be
some missing things or something. But it seems to work for me:

; turn on colors always
(global-font-lock-mode t)

;make del work right
(global-set-key [delete] 'delete-char)

(require 'cc-mode)
(c-add-style "james" '((c-basic-offset . 4)
              (tab-width . 4)
              (c-comment-only-line-offset . 0)
              (c-offsets-alist . (
                      (statement-block-intro . +)
                      (knr-argdecl-intro . 0)
                      (substatement-open . 0)
                      (label . 0)
                      (statement-cont . +)
                      (inline-open . 0)
                      ))
              ))
(if (= emacs-major-version 19)
    (c-set-style "james"))

(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook '(lambda () (c-set-style "james")))

-James

--
You are in a maze of testy little Java VMs, all subtly different.