[Divunal-devel] Changes to log() ?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@divunal.com
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:52:21 -0400 (EDT)

I was just wondering what everybody thought of this:

Make log() Thing.log(String,Verb) instead, so you can keep track of what
verb is logging what information with what thing?

Perhaps Verb.log(String) or Verb.log(String, Thing) ... I just think it
might make interpreting the logfile easier.  Opinions, anyone?

(Of course, Age.log() would stay around, for internal logging, and global
log access that's not specific to a verb or object or something...)

  "Reality ... is just software.   |  Glyph Lefkowitz
   The hacker is our savior."      |  Code Gardener
   -- The New York Times           |  Twisted Matrix Enterprises