[Twisted-Python] File persistence without blocking the main event loop?

Arun Thampi arun.thampi at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:34:20 MDT 2009

Hi guys - I'm just beginning to learn about Twisted and was wondering if
there is a way to use the built-in Twisted persistence libraries such as
dirdbm etc. without blocking the main event loop? I read about an approach
which uses deferToThread (comment#3 here:
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/413609/) but if you are persisting quite
often, doesn't the creation of threads on every persist-call make it very
expensive?
Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Arun

--
It's better to be a pirate than join the Navy - Steve Jobs
http://arunthampi.wordpress.com