[Twisted-Python] bringing LDAP back

Bret Curtis bret.curtis at amplidata.com
Tue Jul 1 15:19:24 MDT 2014

On 1 July 2014 21:06, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2014, at 11:57 AM, Tommi Virtanen <tommi.virtanen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz
>> <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>> (Also, please be careful, and don't push to the main Twisted repo if you
>>> work on Twisted.  Github is super obnoxious about mirroring; we can't turn
>>> off pull requests and we can't turn off pushes even though it's really
>>> supposed to be a read-only mirror right now, and pushes to that repository
>>> break our SVN integration.)
>>
>> I'm no Github expert, but you should be able to just make people be in
>> a non-"Owners" team, and then selectively give that team push access
>> to only the repos you want.

Not only this, I still like the idea of forking from Twisted/ldaptor
in my own repo and working on my own branch. When finished, I usually
send a merge request upstream, in this case to Twisted/ldaptor. I
assume that it would either be accepted or rejected with comments.  If
this is too much overhead for you, then the below is a good idea and
give make us contributors.

>> The "Owners" team probably gives non-admin contributors too much power
>> in the first place.

This works by creating a team with 'write access' to twisted/ldaptor.
This would make you (Glyph) the gatekeeper (admin access by default)
in adding and kicking members out of the group. The rest of the world
is technically in the 'read access'  team as is the nature of open
organizations on github.

> This is indeed a better idea.
>
> I'll still need the list of names for that team though ;)

psi29a
https://github.com/psi29a

> -g

Cheers! :)