[Twisted-Python] Permissions to trigger buildbot tests

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Nov 17 06:23:16 MST 2014

On 12:10 pm, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>On 17 November 2014 11:55, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>On 11:48 am, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>>>
>>>Is there a reason why a try scheduler is not implemented? I find it
>>>awesome
>>>for TDD!
>>>
>>>On my normal workflow I can do this, even without commiting changes:
>>>
>>>./HELPER test some.test
>>>./HELPER test-remote sol-10-sparc some.test
>>>
>>>test-remote just wraps buildot try --builder --properties --wait --vc
>>
>>Because it requires setting up proper credentials to access control
>>the
>>feature.
>

>But there are already credentials for the HTTP status page... why not
>configure the same credentials for buildbot try?

The credentials for the HTTP status page are there to prevent annoying
spurious builds.  The credentials for `buildbot try` need to be serious,
secure credentials because they prevent attackers from submitting
arbitrary code to execute on the buildslaves.

Basically, it's more work.  If someone wanted to set it up right, I
don't know of any reason we wouldn't want to allow it.  Though that may
just be because we haven't ever used it so I haven't yet learned the
reasons it's undesirable to have enabled. ;)

Jean-Paul