[Twisted-Python] Permissions to trigger buildbot tests

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Mon Nov 17 07:10:31 MST 2014

On 17 November 2014 13:40, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> On 09:44 am, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>
>> On 16 November 2014 22:44, <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a wiki page describing what are the steps required for a regular
>>>>

>>> I'll send you the credentials off-list.  FWIW, this is password protected
>>> only because spambots found the form and kept triggering garbage builds.
>>>
>>> There's no standard policy or procedure for granting commit access to the
>>> repository.  Usually it goes like "someone asks for it, someone gives it
>>> them".
>>>

>> I got them.
>>
>> Is there a wiki page describing how buildbot should be used?
>>

> I just created <https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ContinuousIntegration/
> DeveloperWorkflow>. Feel free to edit it if you think parts are unclear.
> Or point out any questions you think it doesn't answer.  I haven't linked
> to it from anywhere yet.  Suggestions about where a good place (such that
> people will actually find it) welcome.
>
>> I found some notes hidden in the review process page... it looks like
>> builds are triggered from the web page with click.
>>

> I guess maybe this would be an okay place?

I have added a link to the new page in both author and reviewer section..
and remove duplicate info.

I did read the review page many times but always skipped the section
dedicated to comitters... I now see that username and password is public..
so I moved the credentials on the new wiki page. Feel free to remove them.

>  The review page also talks about a misterious force-builds.py script which
>> is not part of the main twisted repo.. or at least, I could not found it
>>

> It's part of one of the twisted dev tools repositories (used to be
> twisted-dev-tools but I think someone moved it, not sure exactly to
> where).  Perhaps you could update this page to mention where - if you find
> it.

Will search for it and try to update the wiki.

Thanks!

--
Adi Roiban