[Twisted-Python] Twisted receiving buffers swamped?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jan 18 05:24:08 MST 2015

On 12:15 pm, tobias.oberstein at tavendo.de wrote:

>> >I see. And codespeed parsest that, stores it in a database and
>>produces
>> >graphics?
>> >
>> >It seems, reporting the results via a WAMP RPC to a backend should be
>> >quite easy to add in speedcenter.py
>>
>>WAMP?  I don't think so.  I understand you work in that space a lot
>>but I think
>>you might want to take a step back.  The extra complexity of
>>WebSockets is
>>pointless for this project.  Just HTTP POST some JSON.
>
>All the extra complexity is hidden using WAMP and AutobahnJS.

Oh well.  I'm not going to spend much more effort to convince you that
this is a bad idea.  Maybe someone else will.
>>This can be really simple.  Your time is almost certainly better spent
>>elsewhere.
>
>No. Sinking time into Django/codespeed is lost time for me ..

If you read my emails, you'll see that I explicitly recommended
*against* contributing to codespeed.  If you're not going to read what I
write then I'll stop writing, I guess.

Jean-Paul