[Twisted-Python] Spurious failure on winxp32-py2.7

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jan 25 21:00:31 MST 2015

> On Jan 25, 2015, at 7:28 AM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> This test has intermittently failed on Windows since disttrial was merged into trunk.

And, as you yourself pointed out on the ticket, sometimes on Linux too.

I still have absolutely no clue why this happens, by the way.  If anyone else could be prompted to investigate I would be much obliged

> The default state of a test should *not* be to skip.  It should be to run.  A skipped test is a useless test.

As a matter of general principle, the only reason a test should ever be skipped within Twisted is if an optional dependency is not available.  And, just to be clear, the presence of "TODO'd" tests is pretty much just a bug, fix old ones and never add new ones :-).

-glyph