[Twisted-Python] coverage buildbot builder

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Tue Mar 17 05:33:37 MDT 2015

Hi,

First, a few question regarding the coverage builder.

1. Why is the coverage builder executed under a French locale ?

2. Does anyone check its results. Are those results used in some way?

3. I see that it is in the list of supported builder. Is the coverage
builder relevant should we reject a patch if coverage is under a
certain limit?

While reading the wiki and narrative documentation I could not find
the answer to the above questions.

I assume that coverage reporter should be run on all builder and then
aggregate all results. Otherwise I expect that a coverage builder on
Linux will have a lot of false positives for Windows or OSX specific
code.

----------

I think that aggregating coverage for all tests modules (ie the
test_*.py) file itself from all supported builders (os/reactors)
should help reviewer/developer identify tests which are not executed
Maybe the results could be sent to one of the trendy web services and
have a nice graph.

Does Twisted have this in place?
Do you think this might be useful?
Is there a ticket for that?