[Twisted-Python] twisted.python.dist as a public API

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Aug 7 05:03:51 MDT 2016

On 7 August 2016 at 00:50, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

[snip]

> You always have to follow the compatibility process - if it's not a
> security bug, we would have to change the process first :-).  But if you
> want to follow the exception path rather than the deprecation path (this
> message doesn't qualify, because the subject is incorrectly formatted) I
> certainly don't have any objection.

As pointed by Craig in the PR, dist3.py is used by
https://github.com/habnabit/twisted-depgraph. I will revert the dist3
change.

With this email, I just wanted to get an initial feedback and try to
understand why we have code split between setup.py and dist.py

I will come back with an email following the compatibility process.

Thanks!
--
Adi Roiban