[Twisted-Python] Twisted 18.9.0rc1 Release Candidate Announcement

Amber Brown hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Fri Sep 28 04:43:40 MDT 2018

Hello everyone! It's time again for a Twisted release. It's not a huge
one, but it does have some important changes!

Twisted 18.9rc1 features:

- Support for Python 3.7!
- Better support for Unicode handling in logging tracebacks in Python 2
- trial -j now reports tracebacks on test failures on Python 3.
- twisted.internet._sslverify.ClientTLSOptions no longer raises
IDNAError when given an IPv6 address as a hostname in a HTTPS URL.
- HTTP/2 server connections will no longer time out active downloads
that take too long.

You can get the tarball and the NEWS file at
https://twistedmatrix.com/Releases/rc/18.9.0rc1/ , or you can try it out
from PyPI:

     python -m pip install Twisted==18.9.0rc1

Please test it, and let me know how your applications fare, good or bad!
If nothing comes up, I will release next week.

- Amber