[Twisted-Python] Upcoming Twisted Release

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Dec 27 13:09:57 MST 2020

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 3:50 PM Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to act as a release manager for the next release and follow the
> plan documented at
>

> https://docs.twistedmatrix.com/en/latest/core/development/policy/release-process.html

I was previously working on releasing Twisted.  I was running into various
roadblocks, but was moving forward,
and got permission from Glyph to move forward with this.
Has this changed?
Unfortunately, Amber did not respond to any e-mails that I sent to her and
Glyph, so I tried to move forward the
best that I could.

> So no other tickets are in the blocker queue:
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/report/26
>
> ------
>
> Do you know any other release blocker issues?

I filed this:
https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/10070

which I found with Pierre Tardy's help by running buildbot's test suite
against Twisted trunk.
This looks like a problem on the Twisted side, and should be fixed before a
Twisted release is pushed out.

--
Craig