[Twisted-Python] Twisted trunk and klein?

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Thu Feb 11 12:41:44 MST 2021

>   My concern here is that Twisted may have added a dependency on requests, and that dependency means that if you want IDNA==3.1, as Klein’s tox.ini does, that you aren’t allowed to.  That seems weak; I’d say a bug.  No?

  Note this is only cause when installing treq, so the issue seems to be there, though for some reason, it’s only a problem with Twisted trunk, which kind of confuses me, but I haven’t dug into it beyond trying to figure out a bit about what fails to install.

  So I agree probably it’s not a blocker for Twisted, and it’s only annoying to Klein for its own testing, not it’s clients, but if I were a client of treq (and Klein is), I’d think this is a bug.

	-wsv