[Twisted-Python] Release blocker: Use latest pydoctor release ?

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Sun Feb 28 11:26:16 MST 2021

On Sunday, 28 February 2021 08:20:22 CET Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> You have provided a lot of useful details.  There are a lot of
> interconnected pieces, with
> multiple people working on different things.
>
> For now, I am going to proceed to finish the release as-is.
>
> The documentation may not be automatically deployed as part of the
> release, but I think that can be done as a follow-on task.

I'll try to get a pydoctor release out today from the current master
branch. While the release publishing is automated, writing the release
notes is not, but that shouldn't take too long.

There are some improvements in the works that aren't ready to merge yet
but would improve Twisted's documentation, both in presentation (better
navigation and presentation of types) and in accuracy (better handling
of cyclic imports, which are becoming more common with the adoption of
type annotations).

However, I think that it would be preferable to get new docs out as soon
as possible, rather than waiting for even better docs. Once those
improvements are integrated, we could do another pydoctor release and
update Twisted's API docs without there being a new Twisted release.

Does this sound like a plan?

Bye,
		Maarten