[Twisted-Python] Release blocker: Use latest pydoctor release ?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun Feb 28 15:04:49 MST 2021

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 1:50 PM Maarten ter Huurne <maarten at treewalker.org>
wrote:

> On Sunday, 28 February 2021 22:02:48 CET Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > That sounds like a good plan.  Thanks for working on this.
> >
> > Keep in mind the points regarding docs raised by Glyph here:
> >

> > https://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2021-February/06543
> > 2.html
>
> Those are good points, but I meant API docs specifically and I don't
> think there should be any overlap between the wiki and the API docs. If
> I'm mistaken, please let me know.

I think the direction that Glyph was mentioning is that if there are
docs in the source tree, and duplicated docs on the wiki, we want to favor
the docs
in the source tree.  Any duplicated docs on the wiki should either be
deleted, or changed to put
pointers to the docs in the source tree.

With respect to API docs, I am not as familiar with the whole process, with
how they are generated
and what are doing with readthedocs vs. docs on twistedmatrix.com.
API docs are generated and don't live in the source tree.

For example: https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.html

Is the long term direction to get rid of that, and point everything at
readthedocs?

Since you have done a lot of work in this area, can you shed some light on
what you think the future direction of all this stuff should
be with respect to the API docs?

Thanks.
--
Craig