[Twisted-web] HTTP-AUTH for web2 / Kudos on web2's operation

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Tue Nov 15 23:17:22 MST 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:05:09PM -0500, Clark C. Evans wrote:
| Hello.  I didn't see any examples of how to do HTTP Digest
| authentication with twisted.web2, so I updated my ancient code in the
| sandbox -- it was easier than I expected.  Nice job with web2.
|
|    http://cvs.twistedmatrix.com/cvs/sandbox/cce/digest2.py
|
| I had a few observations with my first run /w web2:
|
|  1.  It would be delightful if WebContext had a request()
|      helper method that did the appropriate adaptation
|      to an IRequest

This one-liner would be valueable; I just made an error by accidently
requesting the IRequest interface from the wrong object.... and got
puzzled with the results.

|  2.  It would be excellent if locateChild was deferrable,
|      often times you need to access a database to construct
|      dynamically the appropriate resource.  This is not a
|      syncronous operation.

My bad.  It looks like this is specified in the interface!  This
is a serious improvement over twisted.web.... nice.

|  3.  It would be wonderful if HTTPError took arguments that
|      would construct an appropriate Response... it is trivial,
|      but a nice touch if it did.

It's absolutely no burden to do HTTPError(Response(..)), so
this is a dumb request.