[Twisted-web] Example http client in web2

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Wed Feb 20 14:19:17 EST 2008

Hello good sir,

On Feb 20, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Brian Carmalt wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to write a http client which supports GET,POST,HEAD and
> DELETE using
> twisted.web2.

A noble goal.

> I have a searched, for most of a morning and can find no
> documentation or
> examples, at least that is current.

There has never existed any serious documentation or examples of using
twisted.web2.client.

> I did find something from dreid, but it dates from 2006 and the
> web2.client.HTTPClient he uses no longer exists in web2 version 0.2.
The twisted.web2.client.HTTPClient you're referring to never existed
outside of a branch.  It was based heavily on zanshin and had several
fatal flaws including not reusing any existing HTTP parsing code.

> Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

You're looking for twisted.web2.clienth.http.  However there is
unfortunately no documentation and no examples and only a vague
hypothesis about how to actually use it.

I'd be glad to help you either here or on irc (freenode.net
#twisted.web)

Cleaning this up is something I do plan to do in the near future
however it's possible I'll be hit by a car and die before I get the
chance.

I hope this was somewhat helpful.

-David