[Twisted-web] Twisted-web Digest, Vol 110, Issue 1

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Mon Jul 1 16:45:17 MDT 2013

On 7/1/13 1:00 PM,Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> > I'm a newbie to Python, but not programming.  However, my problem is
> > replacing an antiquated web-based classroom-attendance oriented
> > software app.
If you are looking at python, you have a lot of choices.

The first choice is which database to use, object-oriented, or relational.

If you choose relational, then django is the mainstream choice.

If you choose object oriented, then you can consider ZODB.  It stores a
persistent network of objects.  Which leads to either the Zope 3 /
ZTFY.org web framework, or else
pyramid.  Pyramid is good for simpler applications, as they get more
complicated, I would recommend ztfy.org.  and wiki.ztfy.org

Better yet, just get a complete school application at

schooltool.org

built on top of zope 3, very easy to make any customizations you want,
that is the greatest strength of Zope 3.

Regards
Chris
http://zopache.com