[Divunal-devel] releasing TR

Michael Dartt jedin@divunal.com
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 00:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

I'm partial to 1.0 myself:

1) "1.0" *means* "first full, functional release".  Whenever I see
something on Freshmeat that's got a larger number and is billed as a first
full release, it basically tells me that they FUBARed v. 1.0, i.e. they
don't pay attention to bugs very well.

2) While it may have enough features, etc. to call it 1.1, wouldn't it
just look cooler to have the 1.0 be really solid and useful?  People don't
expect a whole lot (unfortunately) from a 1.0 release, and being really
cool will be a pleasant surprise.  Let's start raising the bar on quality,
eh?  :-)

Mad props to Glyph and James for TR and the dox!  (And to Dave, just in
case.  :-) )

--Mike