[Divunal-devel] releasing TR

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@divunal.com
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 01:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

The main reason I'm partial to 1.1 is to avoid confusion.  1.0 pre*s have
had a certain syntax for doing anything... and to change the entire API
between version 1.0pre2 and 1.0 seems rather cheezy.

Many commercial products release the first version as 2.5 or so, just to
give that "been around the block" feel to their versioning.  I think that
TR's been around long enough to have had 1.0 come and gone...

Anyway, it's not *that* important.  I'm willing to go either way if anyone
else has strong opinions.

--glyph