[Divunal-devel] the parser and the preposition

Phil Christensen evil_ivan@yahoo.com
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:42:01 -0700 (PDT)

There seems to be a problem with the parser and the way it deals with
prepositions. I've noticed this when trying to add properties to an
object. The best example i've found is when you're trying to make
something "sittable" (on a side note, i've put a Class_Sittable in the
class room for an easy way to do so -- but it still has it's problems
because of this, read on)...

For example, if I've enabled an object to divunal.common.Sit, I have to
add a property "preposition" and "player preposition". In this case, I
want to use "in" and "sitting in" respectively.

But when I type
  > string "preposition" to "in" on armchair
I get
  An unexpected error occured: java.lang.NullPointerException

So that's why I think it has something to do with the parser....it's
seeing a preposition "in" too soon, and not acknowledging the fact that
it's in quotes.