[Divunal-devel] Broken net/changes

RHS Linux User jknight@lethargy.mit.edu
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:13:36 -0400

Well, the nice sysadmins at the AI lab broke the routing to my house, so I've
been mostly out of touch for the last 4 days. (its STILL broken grrr...)
Anyways, I wrote a verb Socials that reads 'standard' socials from a file and
handles them all. Once I get net access back I'll commit this code. Also
there is a bug in Player/Sentence that causes a NullPointerException if a verb
returns false and there are no other verbs available. Haven't fixed that yet.
I did fix the parser so it ignores preps in quotes tho.
And as self-appointed project leader of the Java Faucet, i'll check out the
JConsolePanel thingy also as soon as they fix my net access. If the speed
osm
isn't too bad, it sounds good. I'm kinda worried that it might be somewhat
slow though, and the input field really shouldn't be slow, as that is what
will be getting used the absolute most in the client.
I'm gonna be gone from next sat to sat after, so don't expect to find me then.

Okay, i think that's everything. :)