[Divunal-devel] Broken net/changes

Phil Christensen evil_ivan@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 04:31:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- RHS Linux User <jknight@lethargy.mit.edu> wrote:
> JConsolePanel thingy also as soon as they fix my net access. If the
> speed osm isn't too bad, it sounds good. I'm kinda worried that it >
> might be somewhat
> slow though, and the input field really shouldn't be slow, as that is
> what
> will be getting used the absolute most in the client.

Just a note...the HistoryTextField works because it registers actions
for keymap entries and adds InputMethodEventListeners for each possible
substitution. Therefore, it's doing the same work any other text field
would do, thusly being just as fast if not (i humbly suggest) faster
than the current implementation....

-phil