[Divunal-devel] Random stuff...

James Knight jknight@MIT.EDU
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:36:09 -0400

At 8:47 PM -0400 6/14/99, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, James Knight wrote:
>> -Hacks for updating stuff when setting specific properties in Thing is bad
>> and should be fixed to a better mechanism at some point (ie registering for
>> updates or something) (added to TODO)
>
>This is true, but I was doing it that way because I wanted the API to
>function that way initially. In the future (TR 1.2 perhaps -- we ARE
>getting 1.0 out the door as a FULL RELEASE before making any changes like
>this!)
Note the use of the indeterminate 'at some point' qualifier. I totally
agree. :) As you may have noticed, I'm a perfectionist on API design...but
just because I notice little 'bugs' doesn't mean I'm going to go and screw
around with everything to fix it right away. I just like writing it down
for future reference so I don't forget about it. :)

>> -addSyn should maybe recurse for singlesyn'ing stuff. What happens if you
>> have an open chair in an open box with someone sitting on it?
>
>That was a design decision, actually.  addSyn should not recurse because
>isHere should not recurse.  You have to be looking at something to operate
>it.
Good point, I wasn't thinking properly.
-James

--
You are in a maze of testy little Java VMs, all subtly different.