[Divunal-devel] Faucet on Windows

James Knight jknight@MIT.EDU
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:44:01 -0400

At 3:44 PM -0400 6/24/99, Michael Dartt wrote:
>I seem to be the only one here who doesn't understand this, but I'll ask
>anyway: What do you mean by "learn how to use a Java VM rather than
>relying on batch files (or shell scripts...."?
>
>Thanks.  :-)

I didn't have a problem with the scripts once i opened them in Notepad and
changed all the linefeeds to crlf (ie replaced all the little boxes with a
return). If you don't do this, they won't work AT ALL. (if you don't do
this, it'll just print "OFF". @echo off normally turns the command echo
off, but for some reason with bad line endings it just prints "OFF"). Once
I did that the MS script at least worked. I didn't try the sun one. I have
access to mac (what i normally use), winnt, win95, and linux boxes, and the
java faucet works on all of them.
-James

--
You are in a maze of testy little Java VMs, all subtly different.