[Twisted-Python] WANTED: Conch use-cases!

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Sun Apr 22 18:40:43 MDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Paul Swartz <paulswartz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone!  It's z3p, the prodigal Conch developer.  As part of
> Google's Summer of Code, I'll be fixing bugs, making the code nicer,
> and adding some functionality.  The big piece of functionality I'll be
> adding is a connectSSH() function (see
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1975).  Unfortunately, I haven't
> been really using Conch for a while, and I'm not sure how actual
> people are using it.
> If you're using Conch (or another SSH library, like Paramiko), I'd
> really appreciate it if you could add something to the bug tracker
> about how you're using it and what you'd like out of an API, so that I
> can best suit actual uses.

Hey Paul,

I'm very, very glad to hear that you'll be cleaning Conch up.

I have a couple of use-cases that I'll be posting to the bug tracker a
little bit later.

However, I just wanted to mention that one of my main desires for
Conch is an improved test suite. (You've probably heard me being a
little rude about this before). I would love to be able to help with
making the tests more unit-y and less resource-y, so please ping me as
often as you need, and let me (and the rest of the community) know of
any subtasks that can be handed off.

cheers,
jml