[Twisted-Python] bringing TxMongo back from the brink!

Clayton Daley clayton.daley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:05:32 MST 2015

Unless Twisted loves the idea of hosting this, it might make more sense to
start a TxCommons (like https://github.com/ZF-Commons). This shifts the
emphasis away from the Twisted and onto the Commons, including:

   - The lower (or lack of) "core support" commitment.  The Commons can
   still highlight "supported" projects (by the commons or outside
   organizations), but it's more transparent about the status relative to core.
   - A significantly lower participation/contribution barrier that isn't
   interrelated with the politics (and justifiably high standards) of core.
   - A central place to find Tx libraries that actively welcomes new
   additions.
      - My twisted-pyro and twisted-mandrill are so-so examples of what I
      mean.  If they were a little more mature, it'd be better for someone to
      find and improve these libraries than start over from scratch.
      - More importantly, users would know that the project won't fragment
      if I'm not proactively maintaining it. They can always become an active
      participant in the Commons and move business along.  Obviously, I
      relinquish that control if and when I contribute it (or the commons
      establishes an official fork).

Clayton Daley