[Divunal-list] Authorship Agreement

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph@divunal.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 01:02:18 -0400 (EDT)

You may notice that people have been posting brief messages like, "I
agree, yah, sign me up".

This is because we've decided to use the mailinglist as a sort of informal
list of witnesses to someone agreeing to an authorship agreement, in lieu
of having an actual signature anywhere (which is pretty impractical in a
project carried out in this fashion).

We just want to make sure that it would be rediculous to try to claim that
you didn't agree if you did -- not that we don't trust people, but this
way agreeing to the agreement means something.

Just thought I'd clear that up as long as I was answering emails.  Thanks!

  "Reality ... is just software.   |  Glyph Lefkowitz
   The hacker is our savior."      |  Code Gardener
   -- The New York Times           |  Twisted Matrix Enterprises